Passivation of stainless steel is the non-electric process of removing free iron from the surface of a part using a chemical solution as described in ASTM A967-01, AMS 2700, and QQ-P-35.
High Performance Metal Finishing Inc. follows the ASTM A380-99 standard for pre-treating prior to Passivation. All oils, darts, impurities, weld scale, mill scale, and heat discoloration are removed to insure a good Passivation of the surface. We process very small to very large parts.
High Performance Metal Finishing Inc. also offers on-site Passivation of stainless steel process equipment in the Food, Pharmaceutical, Dairy, and Beverage Industries to name a few.
Let High Performance Metal Finishing Inc. help you with your FDA Microbial Intervention Programs, give us a call, 269-327-8897.
High Performance Metal Finishing Inc. offers metal pickling processes which involve several procedures. The pickling process removes the weld scale, heat discoloration, morphing and dyes, rust, grease, oils, and other impurities from the part. Each step in the process helps improve the surface condition. We specialize in very large parts but do not shy away from small parts. We pickle all size parts; from the especially small to the especially large.
High Performance Metal Finishing Inc. has a state of the art aluminum cleaning line and aluminum etching line. We run very small to very large parts in three to five days with quicker turn-around as requested (JIT). We offer clean room packaging for many industries such as Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor, Alternative Energy, and Medical. We also can do sample parts for you at no charge so give us a call and let us run a sample for you, 269-327-8897.
We have a specialized database of our processing and racking procedures and along with our 30 plus years in the industry High Performance Metal Finishing Inc, can help in determining the best process available for your particular part. If there is not a process that already fits your situation, we can draw on our experience and have one of our design team develop a process specific to your needs.
- Aluminum Cleaning
- Aluminum Etching
- Assembly Work
- Clean Room Packaging
- Research and Development
The cleaning process for aluminum is similar to that of stainless steel. Following is a brief description of our aluminum cleaning process.
- Prior to processing, all parts are thoroughly inspected for damage and DI water rinsed.
- Parts are submerged in a proprietary cleaning solution for the appropriate amount of time.
- Parts are then power wash and DI water rinsed.
- At this point, you want the aluminum to take on a certain look. To get to this outcome, the parts are subjected to a proprietary process for a predetermined time.
- Then, the parts are again power washed and DI water rinsed.
- Your parts are then wiped, inspected for the desired outcome and sent to the clean room.
- Parts are final dried and swabbed in a clean room away from the processing area to ensure there is no contamination.
- Parts are then wrapped or packaged per customer specs and stored in the clean room awaiting shipment,
- All technicians will wear Tyvec suits and ambidextrous gloves.
As you can see from the above process outline, we follow a strict process for our cleaning. We follow these guidelines on a day to day basis, keep records for every job and all of our procedures and are proprietary.